Our Outreach worker is available to provide support, education, information, and a listening ear. Outreach services are confidential, client focused, non-judgmental, and respect each woman’s values, beliefs, culture and choices. We work to empower women so that they are confident making their own decisions.
Stopping the Violence Outreach is funded by the Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General.
Outreach services include:
• Emotional Support
• A safe, non-judgmental place to speak and express yourself
• Assistance with safety planning, problem solving, and risk assessment/reduction
• Information surrounding healthy and unhealthy relationships
• Information regarding the cycle of abuse and different types of abuse
• Information surrounding existing services and resources as well as support accessing them
• Support while navigating the legal system
• Accompaniment to court, the RCMP, the hospital, and other appointments
• Provide local transportation, accompaniment, and advocacy
• And more!
Outreach services are available over the phone, by email, or by appointment.
To make an appointment call the Golden Women’s Resource Center at (250) 344-5317 or drop in to the Golden Women’s Resource Centre, at 419C 9th Avenue North, Golden BC.