For women & children fleeing violence
Women’s Shelter Crisis Line: (250) 344-2101 – available 24/7
- 24 hour crisis line support for women experiencing abuse
- Temporary confidential shelter in Golden for women and children fleeing abuse
- Non-judgmental, supportive crisis counseling
- Referrals to Safe Homes/Transition Houses in other locations
- Safety planning suitable to each person’s unique situation
- Advocacy, referral, and accompaniment to other community resources
- Public education and awareness
- Support, encouragement and respect for women’s choices
Delivered by the Golden Safe Home program
Funded by BC Housing
“For anyone reading this, there is a reason you have looked at this page. First thing you need to know is that you are not alone, and your silence about the abuse you are living with will not make it go away or stop, it will get worse.
There are different types of abuse, physical, emotional, sexual and financial. All are very damaging to your feelings of safety, self-esteem and self worth.
As your partner continues this pattern of behaviour the abuse will escalate and you may even find your circle of support is decreasing. While friends and family love you and want to see you safe they do not understand your reasons for wanting to stay, and now you see your options decrease too.
I invite you to come to the Golden Woman’s Resource Centre to share your story and hear some new options in an environment where your decisions will not be judged or disrespected.”
– Roni Beauregard, Safe Homes Coordinator