Looking for a rewarding job in a positive environment?
Do you want to make a difference?
JOIN THE GWRC TEAM!
NOW HIRING - Executive Director
Job Posting: Executive Director of the Golden Women’s Resource Centre
Published: Thursday, February 1, 2024
Location: Golden, British Columbia
Compensation: $34/hour + benefits
Hours: 30 – 40 hours/week – hours vary according to funding. With anticipated organizational growth, the hours will increase to around 40.
The Golden Women’s Resource Centre is recruiting a new Executive Director to lead the organization as it navigates through a period of significant growth and change. This is a unique opportunity for a creative and compassionate individual to bring together their experience, and passion for social justice, build on the success that exists and lead the organization in future endeavors while cultivating the support and inclusivity we have always stood for.
Executive Director Key Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Human Resources
· Foster leadership and effective communication between the board, staff, volunteers, the membership, community partners and the community at large.
· Promote and foster a productive and supportive work environment.
· Leads an organizational culture that is culturally safe and ethical which attracts, retains, and motivates employees to contribute to the successful delivery of programs and services
· Be the staff contact for day-to-day problem solving, team-building and addressing staff issues and concerns.
· Coordinate and participate in hiring staff.
· Supports the success of others through collaborative, relationship-based leadership.
· Provides information to and recommendations/ presents proposals and plans to the Board for review, discussion, and approval.
· Administer and provide oversight of the Society’s organizational responsibilities and ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled.
· Oversee and participate in grant writing ensuring all application deadlines and reporting deadlines are met. Seek new funding sources on an ongoing basis.
· Ensure the Golden Women’s Resource Centre is in compliance with relevant requirements.
· Facilitate research, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services.
· Coordinate and participate in the formulation and development of new or revised policies, procedures, strategic plans, goals, new program proposals, directions or initiatives.
· Develop, manage the Society’s budget and administer funds accordingly.
· Maintain financial records and work directly with the bookkeeper and accountant. Provide monthly financial updates to the board.
· Adhere to the policies and procedures of the organization.
· Participate positively and productively as part of a team with board, staff, contractors and volunteers.
· Communicate complete and accurate information to the board, staff, contractors (including funders) and volunteers.
· Provide regular reports to the board on the state of and progress of the organization.
· Assist the board in meeting established goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and of the Society.
· Promote the unique role of GWRC in our community and society in general.
· Establish and maintain healthy and professional connections with funders, government representatives, local service providers and community partners.
· Oversees and ensures risk management policies and procedures and insurance are sufficient to protect the agency, employees and/or volunteers from liability and other claims.
· Uphold a positive image of the Golden Women’s Centre Society.
· Relevant education and/or work experience
· A feminist perspective as well as an understanding of sexism and gender-based violence, and how these are perpetuated within systems and society.
· Gender and sexual identity awareness and cultural awareness.
· Familiarity with the non-profit sector.
· Ethical, trustworthy, respectful, friendly, patient, approachable and empathetic.
· Strong networking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Group facilitation skills as well as presentation skills and ability to conduct meetings.
· Motivated to keep all internal communications healthy, respectful, productive and confidential.
· Willing to work as part of a team towards the fulfillment of organizational objectives.
· Self-motivated and results oriented.
· Adaptable, flexible and able to manage time and stress effectively.
· Ability to make time for self-care.
· Creative thinker who fosters creativity in others.
· Exceptional communication and listening skills.
· Ability to motivate others and lead by example.
· Ability to effectively manage conflict.
· Strong financial management skills.
· Computer skills – proficient with all MS Office programs, data input, social media, web applications, internet use and email.
· Willing to work flexible hours when required.
· The selected candidate must consent to and receive a satisfactory completion of a criminal records check to work with vulnerable populations.
Timeline & How To Apply:
· Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references to Courtney Allen, Chair of the Board of Directors at email@example.com
· We encourage interested individuals to apply as soon as possible.
· Interviews will begin mid- February 2024
· The hiring committee will continue accepting applications until an excellent candidate is found
NOW HIRING - Sexual Assault Services Program Counsellor
The Golden Women’s Resource Centre is currently looking for a Sexual Assault Services Program Counsellor. The Sexual Assault Services Program is new to Golden and the surrounding area as of July 2023, and it is funded by the Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General. This program includes Counselling support for individuals that have experienced sexual assault.
Being a part of the GWRC team means having access to support, resources, as well as professional development. We are a small team, and we work closely to create a supportive, empowering, and positive environment, for each other and our clients. Our organization is a member of umbrella organizations such as the Ending Violence Association, that connect individuals providing similar services across the province to one another to share insights, ideas, and address challenges.
We are looking for a kind, compassionate, supportive individual to join the GWRC and provide safe, client-centered, and trauma-informed short term counselling. The position is part-time (13 hours/week), with a flexible schedule. Please see detailed job description below as well as instructions on how to apply.
Contact Linley McLean at 250-344-5317 if you have any questions, or would like more information before applying.
Program support worker (volunteer position with honorarium)
The Safe Homes program is currently accepting applications for Program Support Workers. This team responds to after hours emergency calls to the Safe Home program. Volunteers are given an honorarium for their time. We are looking for people who have a non-judgmental attitude, some understanding of the dynamic of abuse, a reliable vehicle (including appropriate insurance coverage) and availability for on call shifts from 5 pm to 10 am on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends. Training and support included. Please see detailed job description below. If you would like to join this dedicated team, please drop off a resume and cover letter to Roni Beauregard at the Women’s Centre.